RE: [Videolib] Fish Philosophy

Lynne Bisko (lbisko@elon.edu)
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:02:26 -0400

Elon University
336-278-6587
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Sally Wellman [mailto:swellman@pelican.state.lib.la.us]=20
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 10:41 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Fish Philosophy

Has anyone seen or purchased any of the "Fish Philosophy" programs? I
have a big problem with paying $790 for a 17 minute DVD or $690 for VHS,
but I've got someone from across the street in the Capitol who REALLY
wants them.

I'm sending for the free previews, and I just wanted to get the opinions
of others. =20

Thanks.

Sally S. Wellman
Assistant Coordinator, Special Services
& Manager, Audiovisual Resource Center
State Library of Louisiana
701 N. 4th St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802

Voice: 225-342-4939
Fax: 225-342-4941=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C34D45.FB86024E

Message

Sally,

I saw the=20 Fish videos at a previous job in the corporate world where cost wasn't = an issue.=20 I too was amazed at the price, but my manager really wanted to have the = videos,=20 as well as all sorts of other Fish merchandise.

The=20 concepts presented in the videos, as well as in the Fish book, are = simple=20 and appropriate in any work/team situation. And = they're presented in a=20 very fun, concept-y way that makes them appealing. If you have the = money=20 and want to use the videos in a team-building situation, the videos are = a good=20 way to go, with someone facilitating a discussion afterwards. If money = is an=20 issue, then there are probably other ways to get the same message = across. For=20 example, you can get the Fish book at just about any major book store; = then=20 everyone could read it and have a discussion, etc.

Hope that=20 helps!

Lynne=20 Bisko
Nonprint=20 Librarian
Elon=20 University