Re: [Videolib] The high price of dance instruction tapes

Sally Wellman (swellman@pelican.state.lib.la.us)
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:15:39 -0500

--=======208F2145=======

--=======208F2145=======

Karen --

He used to charge $99.00 per tape a couple of years ago.

Too bad. Our patrons really like his productions.

Sally

At 10:03 PM 7/17/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>I'm wondering if your tapes were supposed to be $8.95 per tape with $8.40 for
>shipping and handling? That would be much more reasonable, but a tremendous
>error on the part of the company's billing clerk.
>Karen Fischer
>AV LIbrarian
>Mansfield-Richland County Public Library
>Mansfield, OH
>

>I'd like to share my video pricing story of the day. For many years, we've
>purchased dance instruction videos from a guy in Memphis who shall remain
>nameless. I just opened a package of 6 tapes that he sent to me on
>approval. I flipped when I looked at the invoice --$6210 ($895 per tape
>and $840 shipping & handling). Who is he kidding -- he sent the things
>library rate through the mail.
>
>Gee. What a way to do business!!!
>
>Sally S. Wellman
>Assistant Coordinator, Special Services