RE: [Videolib] Video repair kit

Debbie Hardwicke (DHardwicke@cfv.org)
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:56:02 -0400

Becky, we currently use repair kits that were purchased from the
following two companies and have had good luck with them. Hope this
helps.

1. Multi-Video, Inc
PO Box 35444
Charlotte, NC 28235
800/289-0111

2. Demco, Inc.
PO Box 7488
Madison, WI 53707-7488
800/356-1200
Demco has a repair kit on page 272 of their 2003 catalog.

Debbie Hardwicke
Captioned Media Program
www.cfv.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Tatar, Becky [mailto:bltata@aurora.lib.il.us]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 12:58 PM
To: 'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'
Subject: [Videolib] Video repair kit

We are investigating getting a video repair kit to do basic fixes on our
tapes - new leader, new shells, etc. We have the info on the RTI
equipment,
and Jim Scholtz' response to a query in April. Is there anything else
out
there? We used to send these out to a local video store, but the person
who
did the repair got too backed up, and stopped doing it. I hate to get
rid
of tapes if all they need is new leader, or reattached leader, splicing
in
the ad portion of the film. Thanks in advance.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street