Re: [Videolib] Salaries in higher ed

sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:06:47 -0500

Yes, the prospects aren't good for academic librarians, but if you look at what
they pay humanities faculty (at least at my institution) the salaries are pretty
comparable. Unless faculty pay is increased, librarians pay probably won't
increase either.

I have been a library paraprofessional for 14 years, and just got my degree. If
I stay at my institution, I can look forward to a $7000+ pay cut....but I knew
that when I started my program.

Sarah Andrews
University of Iowa