RE: [Videolib] DVDs returned without cases

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:05:14 -0500

Our policy is that if any part of an item is not returned, the item is not
returned and is given back to the patron - this includes cases, the av item
itself, any documentation. People have to wait while we check all their
materials. This is more labor intensive, I know, but it is easier to give
the item back to the patron saying that not all of the material is returned,
than checking it in, patron's gone home or wherever, and then trying to back
track who had the item, calling them at home, etc, and letting the
incomplete av item sit on the snag shelf. So, if the case isn't returned,
the item is not returned. Hope this helps.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street