Re: [Videolib] Salaries in higher ed

Steve Brantley (jbrant1@uic.edu)
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:04:35 -0500

--=====================_5667031==.ALT

>more on salaries

Having read some other posts on the subject, I don't want to sound
unrealistic, but ...

> [...]

Took a look at that recent job announcment posted on that list.

"Qualifications: The University of Delaware Library seeks a motivated,
service-oriented, entry-level librarian with: an ALA accredited master's
degree; strong oral and written communication skills; strong public service
orientation; strong interest in video and film as an instructional resource;
interest in and experience with audiovisual media and computers, preferably
in an academic setting; ability to create and manage web sites; ability to
provide effective user education; ability to establish and maintain
effective working relationships with diverse individuals in a busy and
rapidly evolving instructional media environment; and, an interest in
working with new developments in instructional media=20 technology.

Salary: Expect to hire at the entry-level Assistant Librarian=20 level,
$39,000."

$39,000 on a Masters in an academic institution? Wow, that's pretty rugged
isn't it?

Good heavens I had no idea. Think I'll stay in K-12 if=20 possible.

Rick Faaberg