Re: [Videolib] NAATA & Fox

Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:19:09 -0700 (PDT)

I don't believe we're attacking NAATA. I'm sure every librarian on this
list esteems NAATA as a distributor of important documentary works and as
an organization deeply devoted to promoting positive images of Asian
Americans. I believe the statement we're contemplating is a general
protest against the practice of attempting to censor or hide images that,
terrible as they may be, are part of this countries cultural legacy. I
think this type of thinking represents a dangerously slippery sloap: next
stop: Gone with the Wind; Birth of a Nation; Broken Blossoms...

UC Berkeley, CA 94720-6000