Re: [Videolib] Charlie Chan/NAATA

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 03 Jul 2003 12:40:57 -0400

--MS_Mac_OE_3140080857_10267379_MIME_Part

This just shows how ILL INFORMED THEY ARE/
THEY ARE NOT LEGALLY AVAILABLE AND NEVER HAVE BEEN( with a few LONG out of
print exceptions)
ONLY VIDEO BOOTLEGS ARE AVAILABLE. It would not make any difference
IF they were since they would basically be saying you have to go find
someplace
that rents rare old videos if you want to see them since we are not going to
allow them to be shown on TV

--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com

From: Sarah Andrews <sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu> Reply-To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:30:53 -0500 To: VIDEOLIB@library.berkeley.edu Subject: [Videolib] Charlie Chan/NAATA

Today, NAATA added a new message to it's website. Here is the part I contest: snip As many fans requested to Fox Movie Channel to have the Charlie Chan films aired, NAATA sent its own opinion discouraging this. The films themselves are freely available to those who wish to view them through rental or purchase; however, we believe that television broadcast and celebration of the films without a proper context is neither appropriate nor socially responsible. snip

A quick search on Blockbuster.com under Charlie Chan reveals a huge list of titles, but the majority are unavailable for rentals or purchase.

Sarah Andrews

--MS_Mac_OE_3140080857_10267379_MIME_Part Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Re: [Videolib] Charlie Chan/NAATA This just shows how ILL INFORMED THEY ARE/