RE: [Videolib] Displaying DVDs

Hooft, Robert (RHOOFT@jibc.bc.ca)
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:29:11 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C33B58.700196BE

Perhaps check your local Video Rental store as they display in =
catagories....
=20
Robert Hooft=20
Justice Institute of B.C. Library=20
715 McBride Blvd=20
New Westminster, B.C.=20
V3L 5T4=20
Ph: 604-528-5598=20
Fx: 604-528-5593=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve McMinn [mailto:stevemcminn@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 12:31 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Displaying DVDs

To all,
=20
I need some guidance on a very basic question: how do we classify DVDs =
for display?
Our VHS titles are arranged by Dewey number, but we want to display our =
new DVD collection by category (drama, travel, etc).
=20
I'm not a cataloger. Could anyone direct me to a printed source to =
answer my question, or just give a bit of advice? I'd appreciate ALL =
help! I'd like to be as customer-friendly as possible in naming DVD =
categories.
=20
Thanks!!
=20
Steve McMinn

_____ =20

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC =
<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://rd.yahoo.com/evt=3D1207/*http://promo.yahoo.=
com/sbc/> Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!

------_=_NextPart_001_01C33B58.700196BE

Perhaps check your local Video Rental store as they display in=20 catagories....

Robert Hooft
Justice Institute of B.C. Library
715=20 McBride Blvd
New Westminster, = B.C.=20