RE: [Videolib] Video source "Madres" by Guadalupe Sobiela

McLaughlin, Katherine (Katherine.McLaughlin@trincoll.edu)
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:51:35 -0400

Hi

We have a similar film in our collection. Maybe you can use this instead.

"The Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo": a film by Susana Munoz Lourdes Portillo
Los Angeles, Calif. : Direct Cinema Limited, 1986.
Academy Award Nomination for Best Feature Documentary.
VHS format
Narration in English ; interviews in Spanish with English subtitles.
Mothers who believe their children were kidnapped by the Argentine government tell how they banded together in 1977 to demonstrate in the Plaza de May to publicize their complaints and to seek assistance in finding their missing children and punishing the kidnappers.

Katie McLaughlin
Media Collection Manager
Trinity College Library
(860) 297-2576