Re: [Videolib] Video source "Madres" by Guadalupe Sobiela

Sarah Andrews (sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu)
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:27:42 -0500

--=====================_11852452==_.ALT

I found this on lavavideo.org. It sounds "close" but doesn't quite match=20
the information provided:
Madres de la Plaza de Mayo, Las
( Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo, The )
<savetitle.htm>Add this title to your shopping list

Available for Sale here? Yes
Sale Price: $ 250.00
Country: Argentina
Director(s): Lourdes Portillo/Susana Munoz
Production Group: Xochitl Films
<../Admin/login.htm>Extended details
Year: 1985
Genre: Documentary
Running Time: 64 minutes
Original format: Film
Translated to English? Yes , Subtitled

This inspiring documentary tells the history of the group of mothers of the=
=20
desaparecidos who organized to protest the military dictatorship s practice=
=20
of disappearing its critics. The film shows the development of the group in=
=20
response to the atrocities of the military regime, and chronicles the=20
political awakening the mothers went through as they began to sympathize=20
with their disappeared children s political positions. Including interviews=
=20
with government officials, victims of imprisonment and torture, and the=20
mothers themselves, this documentary shows that the group s brave activism=
=20
was crucial in exposing the atrocities of the military regime, and that=20
their organized protests helped bring down the Argentine military=20
dictatorship.

Sarah Andrews
University of Iowa Libraries

At 10:07 AM 6/25/2003, you wrote:
>I'm not getting anywhere with locating a source for this video, so I hope=
=20
>one of you can help me. A professor wants to preview, rent or purchase a=20
>video called "Madres" (Mothers). I'll paste in the description she=20
>e-mailed me. I don't know where she got this description, because I can't=
=20
>find the video listed anywhere in WorldCat.
>
>Thanks in advance for any information you can send me.
>Marilyn Huntley
>
>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>Title: Madres [videorecording] Mothers / idea y direcci=F3n, Guadalupe=20
>Subiela ; producci=F3n, Karen Meterieri.
>Parallel title: Mothers
>Imprint: [S.l. : s.n.], 1997.
>Physical Description: 1 videocassette (34 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
>Notes: A foreign film (Argentina).
>Subject (LC): Madres de Plaza de Mayo (Association)
>Subject (LC): Disappeared persons--Argentina.
>Added author: Subiela, Guadalupe.
>Catkey: 5374253
>

>~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
>Marilyn B. Huntley, Audiovisual Assistant
>(Film Scheduling & Rentals)
>Audiovisual Classrm Svcs, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
>Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd, Clinton NY 13323
>Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687

--=====================_11852452==_.ALT

I found this on lavavideo.org.  It sounds "close" but doesn't quite match the information provided:
Madres de la Plaza de Mayo, Las
( Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo, The )
Add this title to your shopping list

Available for Sale here? Yes
Sale Price: $ 250.00
Country: Argentina
Director(s): Lourdes Portillo/Susana Munoz
Production Group: Xochitl Films
  Extended details
Year: 1985
Genre: Documentary
Running Time: 64 minutes
Original format: Film
Translated to English?
Yes ,= Subtitled

This inspiring documentary tells the history of the group of mothers= of the desaparecidos who organized to protest the military dictatorship s= practice of disappearing its critics. The film shows the development of the= group in response to the atrocities of the military regime, and chronicles= the political awakening the mothers went through as they began to= sympathize with their disappeared children s political positions. Including= interviews with government officials, victims of imprisonment and torture,= and the mothers themselves, this documentary shows that the group s brave= activism was crucial in exposing the atrocities of the military regime, and= that their organized protests helped bring down the Argentine military= dictatorship.

Sarah Andrews
University of Iowa Libraries

I'm not getting anywhere with= locating a source for this video, so I hope one of you can help me. A= professor wants to preview, rent or purchase a video called= "Madres" (Mothers). I'll paste in the description she e-mailed= me. I don't know where she got this description, because I can't find the= video listed anywhere in WorldCat.

Thanks in advance for any information you can send me.
Marilyn Huntley

Title: Madres [videorecording] Mothers / idea y direcci=F3n, Guadalupe= Subiela ; producci=F3n, Karen Meterieri.