RE: [Videolib] Video Detective

Bob Kolo (BobK@videopipeline.com)
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:46:35 -0400

James,

Were you looking at the broadband version of the previews or the default
56kb modem speed? Try this:
http://www.videodetective.com/home.asp?videokbrate=300

I'm still working the bugs out so any other suggestions would be great.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of James Scholtz
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 3:13 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Video Detective

Hi Videolisters, I just tried out the Video Detective viewing several
films, Old School, Uptown Girls, Casablanca, etc. and I have to agree about
the visual quality - very out of focus and murky as viewed on Media
Player. I have a full T1 line with a 100/1000 MB UTP ethernet connection
and my Media Player is set for that speed. Personally, I like the
thumbnails and the suggestions of films like the one I've searched. I'm not
complaining - just stating facts. I'll have to try a few more titles.

James C. Scholtz, Director
Yankton Community Library
515 Walnut St.
Yankton, SD 57078