Re: [Videolib] VRT Gala / National Film Board of Canada / ALA Toronto

Diane Sybeldon (ac7255@wayne.edu)
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:09:12 -0400

Hi Nell:
Gala tickets are now only available at the VRT booth?
Just checking - I'm passing the info on to librarians here at
Wayne State.
Diane Sybeldon

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nell Chenault" <njchenau@vcu.edu>
To: <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 3:06 PM
Subject: [Videolib] VRT Gala / National Film Board of Canada / ALA Toronto

> This is a friendly reminder and invitation to the Video Round Tables'
> GALA, Sunday June 22, 6 - 10 p.m. at NFB Mediatheque
<http://www.nfb.ca/mediatheque/en/>. This will be one of the best events at
this year's ALA conference, thanks to our host, The National Film Board of
Canada <http://www.nfb.ca/e/index_about.html>.

> I am accepting mail registration for Gala tickets through Thurs. June 12.
We may also have tickets at the ALA exhibits VRT booth *4741*.

> The registration form is available from the VRT website:
> www.ala.org/vrt. Tickets for VRT members: $20, non-members $25 ($37
Canadian). This is a great bargin for a great setting, entertaining
speakers, meal, drink, and smoozing with video fanatics! Bring non-video
librarians as a guest - we are a friendly bunch and are looking for media
converts!

> This year's VRT Gala is at the National Film Board of Canada's
"Mediatheque" (convenient to the ALA bus route.) Our guests are award
winning animators Wendy Tilby and Amada Forbis (ALA Adult Notable: /When the
Day Breaks/), Marine Chartrand (ALA YALSA Notable: /Black Soul/), Vincent
Gauthier, and Alison Loader. There will be a buffet, bar, and the usual
media door prizes (supplied by our generous vendor sponsors). Their
animation will be showcased on monitors and in the NFB theatre.