Re: [Videolib] looking for information on a quote used in a movie

Media2 (media2@bellatlantic.net)
Fri, 30 May 2003 12:15:53 -0400

Renee Zurn wrote:

>A patron watched the movie "Indiana Jones and the last crusade" and
>wants the rest of the quote used in the movie. In the movie the person
>says "I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne: let my army be the rocks and
>trees and the birds in the sky."
>
>I have been trying to locate this quote to see if Charlemagne did say
>it or if it is just made-up movie speak. Needless to say I have been
>through quotation books without success.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Renee Zurn
>Duluth Public Library

Yes, the quote is accurate. Apparently it is inscribed on the base of a
statue of Charlemagn in Germany, possibly Metz.
It is frequently quoted by Middle Ages FRP players.

M Richie
"Free only means that it's already been paid for."