Re: [Videolib] Amistad video?

Thu, 29 May 2003 08:48:11 -0700

--=====================_2277562==_.ALT

The Amistad revolt: 'All we want is make us free'
AB: Recounts the inspiring story of a group of African slaves,
captured and brought to America on the
ship Amistad, who sued in the US courts for their freedom and were
eventually returned to Africa under a
Supreme Court ruling. Features historic portraits,maps and newspaper
headlines interwoven with the
storytelling of Vinie Burrows, who delivers the dramatic history from
the deck ofa schooner.
DE: Africa-; Black-history; History-; African-American-history;
Slavery-United-States;
United-States-1783-1859; U-S-Supreme-Court-cases
PY: 1996

The Voyage of the Amistad
AB: Traces the story of 53 Africans imprisoned on the ship Amistad and
brought to America and sold
into slavery in 1839. Relates howthey took their fight for freedom to
the Supreme Court.
DE: Slavery-United-States; Criminal-justice
PY: 1998
MT: 1/2 inch videocassette (VHS)
DN1: Viewfinders Inc; PO Box 1665; Evanston; IL; 60204-1665; USA;
(800)342-3342
(847)869-0600 (847)869-1710; http://www.uncommon-video.com

TI: Slave Ship
AB: Revisits the era of trans - Atlantic slave trade. Features
reenactments and written eyewitness accounts
of the mutiny of African slaves aboard the slave ship Amistad. The U S
Supreme Court later granted
freedom to the mutineers. In two segments.
DE: Slavery-United-States; Shipping-industry; Liberty-;
African-American-history
MT: 1/2inch videocassette (VHS-NTSC)
PN: Discovery Channel; POBox 6027; Florence; KY; 41022-6027; USA;
(888)892-3484
(606)727-8918; http://www.discovery.com;

MT: 1/2 inch videocassette (VHS)
DN1: The Shoe String Press; PO Box 657; North Haven; CT; 06473-2517;
USA; (203)239-2702

At 10:15 AM 5/29/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Dear Librarians:
>I'm posting a query from a school librarian in NY in the hope that you
>might offer some suggestions. Many thanks,
>Linda Hellman
>Ambrose Video Publishing

UC Berkeley