RE: [Videolib] advise -- security strips

Thu, 22 May 2003 09:46:45 -0500

Hi Lisa,

We prefer to put our tape/security strips on the inside of the box.

Monique Threatt
IUB Media Services

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Flanzraich [mailto:LFlanzra@qc1.qc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 4:37 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] advise -- security strips

We are in the process of acquiring approx. 500 videocassettes from
another part of
the campus. These cassettes have no tattle tape/security strips in them.
Is there a
preferred method of attaching the strip, either inside the cassette or
inside the box? Recently, some cassettes that were tattletaped came back
damaged because the
tattletape came off where it was placed and attached itself to the tape.

Any recommendations for alternative, alarm setting--off devices?

Thanks