Re: [Videolib] Trivia or...? You decide: Food on Film

Wed, 21 May 2003 15:18:46 -0700

--=====================_19938859==_.ALT

YIPES...you're absolutely right, Jane!

Thanks!

http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC=20
--=====================_19938859==_.ALT

YIPES...you're absolutely right, Jane!

Thanks!

At 04:35 PM 5/21/2003 -0400, you wrote:

hi Gary,
the chocolat you list is not about food -- but skin color.  maybe this is the one you meant   --  hope to see you at toronto --   Jane

IMDb home <http://us.imdb.com/> Previous Main Details <http://u= s.imdb.com/Title?0241303>Next <http:/= /us.imdb.com/Details?0241303> Help <http://us.imdb.com/Help/page-flicker>
Page 1 of 35

cover <http:/= /us.imdb.com/Gallery?0241303> Directed by
Lasse Hallstr=F6m <http://us.imdb.com/Name?Hallstr%F6m,%20Lasse>

Writing credits (WGA <http://us.imdb.com/wga>)
Joanne Harris (I) <http://us.imdb.com/Name?Harris,%20Joanne%20%28I%29> (novel)
Robert Nelson Jacobs <http://us.imdb.com/Name?Jacobs,%20Robert%20Nelson> (screenplay)

Add this title to MyMovies <http://us.imdb.com/mymovies/list?pending&add=3D0241303= > Add to
MyMovies <http://us.imdb.com/mymovies/list?pending&add=3D0241303= > Photo Gallery <http:/= /us.imdb.com/Gallery?0241303> Photos <http://us.imdb.com/Gallery?0241303>

Genre: Comedy <http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Genres/Comedy/> / Drama <http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Genres/Drama/> / Romance <http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Genres/Romance/> (more) <http://us.imdb.com/Keywords?0241303>

Tagline: One Taste Is All It Takes (more) <http://us.imdb.com/Taglines?0241303>

Plot Outline: A woman and her daughter open a chocolate shop in a small French village that shakes up the rigid morality of the community. (more) <http://us= .imdb.com/Plot?0241303> (view trailer) <http://us.imdb.com/Trailers?0241303>

Gary Handman wrote:

Hi all:

Well not trivia really (but sorta):  I'm putting together a food in the movies web page (and bibliography) for a course here on the politics and culture of food (cool, eh?).  Take a look http://w= ww.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/food. <http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/food.html>html
<http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/food.html>I know there's more...I could use your help.

Here are the ground rules:

1.  Movie or scene must "say" something substantive about the relationship of food/eating/cooking to race/ethnicity, gender, class, sex, etc. etc.  etc.  The usual academic focuses...
2.  Movie must be available on video (because I'm relating this page to stuff we own or can acquire)
3.  Give me a two to four line description of the movie or scene and I'll put your name up in lights on the page.

Bon appetite!
UC Berkeley
ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
http://www.li= b.berkeley.edu/MRC

hi Gary,
the chocolat you list is not about food -- but skin color.  maybe this= is the one you meant   --  hope to see you at toronto= --   Jane

Chocolat (2000)=

Page 1 of 35
Directed by
Lasse= Hallstr=F6m

Writing credits (WGA)
Joanne Harris= (I) (novel)
Robert Nelson= Jacobs (screenplay)

Add= to
MyMovies
= Photos
Genre: Comedy / Drama / Romance (more)

Tagline: One Taste Is All It Takes (more)

Plot Outline: A woman and her daughter open a chocolate shop in a= small French village that shakes up the rigid morality of the community. (more) (view trailer)

Gary Handman wrote:
Hi all:

Well not trivia really (but sorta):  I'm putting together a food in the= movies web page (and bibliography) for a course here on the politics and= culture of food (cool, eh?).  Take a look http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/food.html