Re: [Videolib] Trivia or...? You decide: Food on Film

Jane Sloan (jsloan@rci.rutgers.edu)
Wed, 21 May 2003 16:35:58 -0400

--------------050202060800010509010602

hi Gary,
the chocolat you list is not about food -- but skin color. maybe this
is the one you meant -- hope to see you at toronto -- Jane

Chocolat (2000 <http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Years/2000>)

PageFlicker
IMDb home <http://us.imdb.com/> Previous Main Details
<http://us.imdb.com/Title?0241303>Next
<http://us.imdb.com/Details?0241303> Help
<http://us.imdb.com/Help/page-flicker>
Page 1 of 35

cover <http://us.imdb.com/Gallery?0241303> Directed by
Lasse Hallström <http://us.imdb.com/Name?Hallstr%F6m,%20Lasse>

Writing credits (WGA <http://us.imdb.com/wga>)
Joanne Harris (I) <http://us.imdb.com/Name?Harris,%20Joanne%20%28I%29>
(novel)
Robert Nelson Jacobs <http://us.imdb.com/Name?Jacobs,%20Robert%20Nelson>
(screenplay)

Add this title to MyMovies
<http://us.imdb.com/mymovies/list?pending&add=0241303> Add to
MyMovies <http://us.imdb.com/mymovies/list?pending&add=0241303> Photo
Gallery <http://us.imdb.com/Gallery?0241303> Photos
<http://us.imdb.com/Gallery?0241303>

Genre: Comedy <http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Genres/Comedy/> / Drama
<http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Genres/Drama/> / Romance
<http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Genres/Romance/> (more)
<http://us.imdb.com/Keywords?0241303>

Tagline: One Taste Is All It Takes (more)
<http://us.imdb.com/Taglines?0241303>

Plot Outline: A woman and her daughter open a chocolate shop in a small
French village that shakes up the rigid morality of the community.
(more) <http://us.imdb.com/Plot?0241303> (view trailer)
<http://us.imdb.com/Trailers?0241303>

--------------040200010209020300050109

hi Gary,
the chocolat you list is not about food -- but skin color.  maybe this is the one you meant   --  hope to see you at toronto --   Jane

Chocolat (2000)

PageFlicker
IMDb home Previous Main Details Next Help
Page 1 of 35
cover Directed by
Lasse Hallström

Writing credits (WGA)
Joanne Harris (I) (novel)
Robert Nelson Jacobs (screenplay)

Add this title to MyMovies Add to
MyMovies
Photo Gallery Photos
Genre: Comedy / Drama / Romance (more)

Tagline: One Taste Is All It Takes (more)

Plot Outline: A woman and her daughter open a chocolate shop in a small French village that shakes up the rigid morality of the community. (more) (view trailer)

Gary Handman wrote:

Hi all:

Well not trivia really (but sorta):  I'm putting together a food in the movies web page (and bibliography) for a course here on the politics and culture of food (cool, eh?).  Take a look http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/food.html