RE: [Videolib] Trivia or...? You decide: Food on Film

Linda Stevens (lstevens@hcpl.net)
Wed, 21 May 2003 15:48:27 -0500

Am I the only immature list subscriber? Willy Wonka and the Chocolate
Factory

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Gary Handman
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 12:24 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Trivia or...? You decide: Food on Film

Hi all:

Well not trivia really (but sorta): I'm putting together a food in the
movies web page (and bibliography) for a course here on the politics and
culture of food (cool, eh?). Take a look
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/food.html

I know there's more...I could use your help.

Here are the ground rules:

1. Movie or scene must "say" something substantive about the relationship
of food/eating/cooking to race/ethnicity, gender, class, sex, etc. etc.
etc. The usual academic focuses...
2. Movie must be available on video (because I'm relating this page to
stuff we own or can acquire)
3. Give me a two to four line description of the movie or scene and I'll
put your name up in lights on the page.

Bon appetite!

UC Berkeley