RE: [Videolib] FW: [AMIA-L] Disney to begin renting 'self-destruc

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Mon, 19 May 2003 13:08:07 -0700

Didn't somebody, years ago, try disposable laserdiscs? Circuit City, maybe?
They disappeared so fast I nearly forgot they happened at all.

And let's not for get the billion dollars RCA sank into their non-laser
videodiscs, which were obsolete before they were issued.

My guess is that if one company is pushing a technology with limited
appeal, they can kiss their investment goodbye. Even if it's Diseny.

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132-4200