Re: [Videolib] submission deadline less than a month away

Alex McAdams (alex@frif.com)
Mon, 19 May 2003 12:47:16 -0400

Hello,

I am writing from First Run / Icarus Films and I am wondering if you would
waive any entry fees
for us to submit a film. Also, if you would want to include one of our
films in your program, would
you be willing to pay a small rental fee?

Thanks, Alex

At 05:54 PM 4/27/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS! PLEASE POST, PLEASE FWD
>DEADLINE MAY 25TH-LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY
>

>The Rural Route Film Festival has been created to highlight works that
>deal with rural people and places. While the term "rural" is defined by
>Webster's Dictionary as: 1) Of or relating to the country: RUSTIC 2) Of or
>relating to people who live in the country 3) Of or relating to farming:
>AGRICULTURAL, the creators of the Rural Route Film Festival leave it up to
>you, the film and video artists, to explain your own definition of
>"rural." Whether it be a documentary about an organic turnip farm in West
>Virginia, a fictional backpacking drama set in Peru, or a
>personal/experimental work about life in a small town in Wisconsin, we
>want to see and hear what you have to say. Works that include alternative
>country, country western, and folk music are encouraged.
>

>The inaugural festival will take place in July, 2003 in New York City.
>Please see http://www.ruralroutefilms.com/ for further information, and
>please pass the word along.
>

>If you would like to be removed from this mailing list, are receiving this
>email twice, etc., please reply to this message.

Alex McAdams
First Run/Icarus Films
32 Court Street, Suite 2107
Brooklyn, NY 11201