RE: [Videolib] FW: [AMIA-L] Disney to begin renting 'self-destruc

Stephen.Pomes@mms.gov
Sat, 17 May 2003 18:25:47 -0600

Besides increasing the solid waste problem, the idea of issuing these
temporary DVDs strikes me as being a cynical move on Disney's part. Will
book publishers follow with paper that is inferior to the newsprint? This
is yet another incidence of planned obsolescence.

Stephen V. Pomes, Librarian
Library
Minerals Management Service
U.S. Dept. of the Interior
1201 Elmwood Park Blvd., MS 5031
New Orleans, LA 70123-2394
Telephone: 504-736-2521
Fax: 504-736-2525
E-Mail: stephen.pomes@mms.gov

Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily correspond to those of

my employer.