Re: [Videolib] Warnings at beginning of feature film video

Fri, 16 May 2003 11:39:31 -0700

--=====================_59135125==_.ALT

I'd say do it and ask questions later (asking for permission to include
warnings about the necessity of asking permission sorta reminds me of the
old George Carlin routine about the difficulty of throwing away a trash
can). ...or maybe not.

I need the weekend!

At 11:33 AM 5/16/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>Folks,
> I'm going to seek permission to reproduce the anti-copying,
> anti-public permformance messages which appear at the beginning of
> feature film videos. I'm going to compile these into a short video or
> PowerPoint presentation to show the faculty and students at my
> institution when I talk about audio-visual copyright.
> Of course, it's ironic, because I tell my faculty that they can't
> clip videos, but perhaps I can do this "right" and then show them how
> much work was required to get permissions from the distributors/producers.
>
> Whom do you think I should contact to get permission for a good
> sampling of warnings? It must be added to a video or DVD by the
> distributor, I suppose.
> I definitely want to include the one from Rhino with J. Edgar
> himself looking dour.
>
>Stephen Davies
>mailto:SDavies@mtroyal.ca

UC Berkeley