Re: [Videolib] bizarre form of the day

MileFilms@aol.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 15:19:22 EDT

--part1_175.1a97cb92.2bf3f0ba_boundary

In a message dated 5/14/03 12:48:59 PM, jrosner@kino.com writes:

> I just it silly but it is an extra bit of wasted time & paperwork
>=20
Well, Jessica, I think this answers whether Kino's a drug-free office. JUST=20
KIDDIN', PEOPLE. Relax. They're wonderful folks at Kino.

<<A small nameless public library=A0 requires that I sign a form
basically certifying I don't get kickbacks on any orders and that the order
is legit. The wording is especially awkward and might require someone who
receives=A0=A0 commissions on sales to either lie or not sign the form.>>

Frankly, with anything I would be uncomfortable signing such as either one o=
f=20
the cases you state (is it illegal to get a commission on a sale these=20
days???), I just send the order with our invoice and not bother signing=20
anything. I haven't had a problem yet.

To be specific, I just ignored the drug-free policy statement (though I can'=
t=20
imagine a straighter office in the US and I suspect there must be a hell of=20=
a=20
lot more usage of it in the White House than here*) and I haven't gotten one=
=20
about commissions or kickbacks. As the owner of a small company, I have to=20
say an occassional paycheck would be nice. :-)

*JUST KIDDIN', PEOPLE. Relax. They're wonderful folks at the White House. An=
d=20
unlike Kino, they know how to share...

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Email: milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_175.1a97cb92.2bf3f0ba_boundary

In a message dated 5/14/03 12:48:59 PM, jrosner@kino.com writes:

I just it silly but it is an extra bit of wasted time & p= aperwork

Well, Jessica, I think this answers w= hether Kino's a drug-free office. JUST KIDDIN', PEOPLE. Relax. They're wonde= rful folks at Kino.

<<
A small nameless public libra= ry=A0 requires that I sign a form
basically certifying I don't get kickbacks on any orders and that the order<= BR> is legit. The wording is especially awkward and might require someone who receives=A0=A0 commissions on sales to either lie or not sign the form.>&= gt;

Frankly, with anything I would be uncomfortable signing such as either one o= f the cases you state (is it illegal to get a commission on a sale these day= s???), I just send the order with our invoice and not bother signing anythin= g. I haven't had a problem yet.

To be specific, I just ignored the drug-free policy statement (though I can'= t imagine a straighter office in the US and I suspect there must be a hell o= f a lot more usage of it in the White House than here*) and I haven't gotten= one about commissions or kickbacks. As the owner of a small company, I have= to say an occassional paycheck would be nice. :-)

*JUST KIDDIN', PEOPLE. Relax. They're wonderful folks at the White House. An= d unlike Kino, they know how to share...