RE: [Videolib] Film Clips

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Fri, 9 May 2003 18:09:06 -0700

Here's the description, from the Buffalo Bill Museum website
(http://www.buffalobill.org):

Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show: - 45 Minutes. Written and produced by
Mike Koury. An informative piece. It is the circus, the Ice Capades and
the carnival all rolled into one. Fixing forever in the minds of
Americans, and indeed millions of Europeans, the Wild West as Buffalo Bill
saw it. There are people still alive today who saw Buffalo Bill and his
show. Now you can see that same spectacle much as they saw it, on rare
footage taken between 1898 and 1912. Some footage was actually taken by
Thomas Edison. A never to be forgotten experience, Buffalo Bill's wild
West and Congress of Rough Riders of the World. Distributed by the Old
Army Press Cost $29.35 Order Number VI-1101

There's some interesting information on medicine shows at
http://www.folkstreams.net/pages/hardluckmedicine.html and a link to a
video of a black medicine show performer "Peg Leg Sam Jackson" titled
"Born for Hard Luck" through
http://www.davenportfilms.com/pages/doc_bfhlpage.html (available for $29.95
from amazon.com)

Brigid Duffy