RE: [Videolib] 3M DVD security

Steve Matthew (matthew@fau.edu)
Fri, 9 May 2003 08:41:51 -0400

Hi Kim,

How do you target double sided discs?

Steve

Steven C. Matthew
S.E. Wimberly Library Media Center
matthew@fau.edu
http://www.library.fau.edu/depts/media/media.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Kim Crowley
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 3:51 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] 3M DVD security

Hi Travis,

I'm surprised that 3M sold you the donut security strips. They do cause
problems for DVDs. 3M now has a new security system that covers the
entire DVD. It has 2 security strips embedded in a clear plastic sheet
that covers the DVD and does not make it unbalanced. They work very well.
We tried the donuts at first and had nothing but trouble.
kc

Kim Crowley, Technology Coordinator
City of Fort Collins Public Library
201 Peterson Street phone: 970.221.6662
Fort Collins, CO 80524 fax: 970.221.6398
crowley@julip.fcgov.com