RE: [Videolib] Party Girl

Wed, 7 May 2003 13:54:16 -0500

Great!

Monique L. Threatt
Assistant Librarian for Undergraduate Reference and Media Services
Main Library W121, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: 812.855.9857 /Fax: 812.855.1649 / Web:
www.indiana.edu/~libugls

-----Original Message-----
From: John C. DeSantis [mailto:John.C.DeSantis@Dartmouth.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 12:46 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Party Girl

--- "Threatt, Monique L" wrote:
If I'm doing a multimedia presentation, I
always try to show a clip from the film when Judy explains to Mary the
nitty gritty of what it takes to be a librarian. I just love this
movie, but then again, I love Parker Posey.
--- end of quote ---

I love this scene also! "You can't be a librarian, Mary! A
librarian is a professional.... with a Master's degree in Library
Science!" (How often do you hear lines like that in movies?) And I
loved the ending... when Mary is going through catalogs trying to choose
a library school.
The DVD was released quite some time ago. In fact, right now it's on
my desk waiting to be cataloged. It has a director's commentary track.

John DeSantis
Bibliographer for Theater and Film Studies
Dartmouth College Library
HB 6025
Hanover, NH 03755
(603) 646-0413