RE: [Videolib] Party Girl

Wed, 7 May 2003 11:40:32 -0500

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: LeeAnne Krause [mailto:LLKRAUSE@gwm.sc.edu]=20
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 10:44 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Party Girl
=09
I thought that it was really funny at times "he-he-hello!" but
the dialog was kinda lame. How many times did her friend say "You're
mother had no common sense"? It's cotton candy for the brain, but heck,
it's nice to see a movie depiction of librarians' work being cool AND
useful. *Loved* the scene where she catalogs the LPs :)
LLK
=20
=20
LeeAnne L. Krause
Manager, Educational Films
USC Film Library
803-777-0322
=20
=20
=20

>>> Barbara.Black@colorado.edu 05/07/03 11:07AM >>>
Last night I happened to stumble on Party Girl on the Oh! Oxygen
Channel.
It's on again today (see below), in case you want to set you VCR
for time
shifting.
=09
I was curious to see what folks on this list liked about this
movie.
Although it did have its moments, Mary was no Holly Golightly.
=09
=09
1pm/12C The Oxygen Movie
=09
Party Girl
A flighty, unemployed, 24-year-old Manhattanite tries to get her
life in
order, from rent to romance to a real job in a library. Along
the way she
loves and loses, gets thrown in jail for having a rent party,
gets hired,
fired and rehired, and maybe grows up a bit in the process.
Starring Parker
Posey, Anthony DeSando and Guillermo Diaz (1995). 2 hrs. (TV-PG)
=09
Barbara
--=20
Barbara Black
Video Library
Information Technology Services
University of Colorado at Boulder
Stadium 343, Gate 11
379 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309-0379
=09
Voice: (303) 492-1816
FAX: (303) 492-7017
E-mail: Barbara.Black@colorado.edu
=09

------_=_NextPart_001_01C314B7.609B5087

Message

Ditto with = LeeAnne.  I'm=20 so glad we have a copy in our collection.

It was both = hilarious and=20 flighty at times, but such a welcome break from all the negative or = typical=20 depictions of librarians in film before this film was released.  If = I'm=20 doing a multimedia presentation, I always try to show a clip from the = film=20 when Judy explains to Mary the nitty gritty of what it takes = to be=20 a librarian.  I just love this movie, but then again, I love = Parker=20 Posey.

Monique L. Threatt
Assistant Librarian for = Undergraduate=20 Reference and Media Services
Main Library W121, 1320 E. Tenth=20 Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN  = 47405