Re: [Videolib] media reserves

Marilyn Huntley (mhuntley@hamilton.edu)
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:15:33 -0400

I also ran into a situation when a faculty member wanted to put on reserve
a videotape that was rented (from Women Make Movies). Sorry, can't do that.
That's not only our policy, but I believe all or most distributors of
rental media would say the same thing.
Marilyn Huntley

At 03:11 PM 4/21/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Would someone send me a link or two or three to remind me of what it is
>that governs the period of time that videos and other media items can stay
>on Media Reserve? I'm trying to explain to someone why they can't just
>park their media items on our Reserve shelf indefinitely and I can't
>remember where I put the information...is it a copyright link or is
>it...what? Is there a definite place that lists how reserves are typically
>handled in an educational institution?
>
>Thank you ahead of time,
>
>Gerie Ventura
>Highline Community College
>Des Moines, WA
>gventura@highline.edu

(Film Scheduling & Rentals)
Audiovisual Classrm Svcs, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd, Clinton NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687