Re: [Videolib] Copyright, again

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:08:56 -0400

--MS_Mac_OE_3133357736_124641_MIME_Part

I am sure opening credits are fine and FYI this is an independently owned
film
and the producer is an OK fellow ( even if we did lose rights on it) so
don't worry
Actually he is actually an ACADEMIC himself

--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com

From: "Gail Fedak" <gfedak@mtsu.edu> Reply-To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:10:11 -0500 To: "videolib" <videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: [Videolib] Copyright, again

I have a faculty member who uses Wise Blood as part of his curriculum for a Religion in Film class. He is going to present a paper at a professional conference and wants to show the opening credits of this title to illustrate the topic. He has asked if doing so is acceptable under fair use, or if he needs specific permission / license to do so. This type of use seems to meet the four fair use criteria in Section 107. Am I correct in telling him he can show this segment (provided he uses a legally obtained copy) in this circumstance without seeking specific permission/license? Many thanks for your responses. Gail B. Fedak Manager, Instructional Media Resources Middle Tennessee State University Murfreesboro, TN 37132 phone 615-898-2740 fax 615-898-2530 email gfedak@mtsu.edu

--MS_Mac_OE_3133357736_124641_MIME_Part Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Re: [Videolib] Copyright, again I am sure opening credits are fine  and FYI this is an independently o= wned film