RE: [Videolib] Marx Brothers & WC Fields DVDs

Carol Dunn (dunn@oplin.lib.oh.us)
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:42:39 -0400

I really don't agree. I am sure they will all eventually end
up on DVD. Where do you get your information?

Carol Dunn
AV Manager, NT Administrator and Webmaster
dunn@oplin.lib.oh.us
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
206 Broadway
Findlay, Ohio 45840
www.findlay.lib.oh.us
Telephone: 419.422.1712
Fax: 419.422.0638

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Jessica
Rosner
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 2:35 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Marx Brothers & WC Fields DVDs

Marx Brother titles are currently out of print , hence the hefty price
The early Marx Bros and most of the Fields films are owned by Universal
They are getting much more aggressive about releasing their library so I
would expect much of this to come out in the next 12 months or so but
they have a BIG library and it takes time.
A reminder for those of you with older films on VHS, many of these
may NEVER come out on DVD so hang on to them

--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International