RE: [Videolib] AV Collecting Lists sought for Library Journal

Carol Dunn (dunn@oplin.lib.oh.us)
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:28:56 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C303FB.A81021D0

What's his email address?

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Eric Bryant
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 8:19 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] AV Collecting Lists sought for Library Journal

Library Journal is seeking subject lists of recommended videos and
audiobooks for publication in an upcoming special issue devoted to AV
collections. Ultimately they will be published as annotated lists with short
introductions to the subjects, but we would like to work with librarians who
have devised lists already, and can work with you if annotations or other
material is not readily at hand. Ideally the list will belend both new and
classic titles. We would especially like to see a video list covering travel
in the US and audiobook lists covering areas related to motivational
speakers and/or self-help; adventure fiction; and workd of urban/minority
interest. However, we will consider lists in any subject area except
feature-length fiction films, and would like to see as much variety of
submissions as possible. Even if you do not have time to develop the lists
further we may have other resources to build on your work.

We need submissions immediately, so if you have a list made up (perhaps it
was for a special display or it is a subject guide or pathfinder to your
collections), even if you are not sure it really fits the description above,
please either respond to this e-mail or contact me by fax or phone at the
numbers below to discuss your submission. The lists may be based on library
holding or based on reviews and other expert sources.

Thank you for your assistance with this project,

Eric Bryant
Contributing Editor
646-746-6830 fax 646-746-6734

_____