RE: [Videolib] PPR Po Pet Peeve

Stephen.Pomes@mms.gov
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:53:20 -0600

Jessica, you provide an interesting interpretation on when an institution
needs PPR. At all of the copyright workshops I've attended (over the
years), the speakers emphasized the need for PPR for feature films and other
video related materials for face-to-face teaching. Instructors could use of
air recorded copies for face-to-face teaching, but there were severe
restrictions (e.g., 45 days, etc.). I've never heard that institutions can
use "home use only" copies of feature films in face-to-face teaching. Am I
misinterpreting something here?

Stephen V. Pomes, Librarian
Library
Minerals Management Service
U.S. Dept. of the Interior
1201 Elmwood Park Blvd., MS 5031
New Orleans, LA 70123-2394
Telephone: 504-736-2521
Fax: 504-736-2525
E-Mail: stephen.pomes@mms.gov

Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily correspond to those of

my employer.