Re: [Videolib] PPR Po Pet Peeve

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:51:32 -0400

I hope not because the title in question was on sale for $20 but PPR
would cost close to $200. I NEVER engage in two tiered pricing ( well OK
just once but it was not that big a difference and not listed on web site)
because I believe PPR is something VERY specific that only certain
institions need or should pay for. Basically PPR is for places that either
want to use the item for Campus Closed Circuit or need/want to use the title
for an actual PUBLIC ( ie NOT part of a closed classroom) screening.

I did speak to the school and sure enough they really don't know WHAT THEY
WANT. Mostly they just wanted what they are already have under copyright
law , use in class, ability to loan title & put on reserve.
I find it astonishing that any large institution would not know they DO
NOT need PPR for any of this. I find the PO's that attach the detailed
forms annoying but at least they give me the chance to let them know
that they can't copy or broadcast the item in question by checking NO on the
box.

Anyway PLEASE include phone & e mail on all PO's at at least it gives
us vendors an easy way to reach you

Jessica