RE: [Videolib] compact shelving for videotapes

Maureen Tripp (Maureen_Tripp@emerson.edu)
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:18:20 -0400

Francis, thanks so much for the information on Gemtrak. Several other people contacted me to say they used it, loved it,etc. I imagine it is extremely expensive, but so is the compact moveable shelving we are looking at now. So we'll check this out before making a commitment to the other.
bye,
Maureen

-----Original Message-----
From: Francis C Poole [mailto:fpoole@udel.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 2:47 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] compact shelving for videotapes

Maureen...We are in process of installing ProMedia Gemtrak shelving
for our video collection. We decided against moveable shelving as it is
more difficult to install and more cumbersome to use. We are out of room
in our present location where we have more than 11,000 video tapes and
DVDs shelved on traditional support type shelves. The GemTrak high
density shelving units will more than triple our capacity and we will
still have room for additional units in the future. Cheaper than a new
building. Check this out: www.russbassett.com.

Good luck. Francis Poole, Media Librarian
University of Delaware Library