Re: [Videolib] university wide digital rights

Jonathan Miller (jmiller@frif.com)
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 10:07:29 -0500

Well I think it'd be great if there'd be more discussion on list, I think
its appropriate, because this is an issue I think many of us are facing
more and more and specific comments, ideas and experiences from both
vendors and video users on this list would be very interesting and helpful.
I think.

To make it more specific: are any video librarians/centers on this list
currently licensing campus and/or system wide digital rights to documentary
films (which otherwise they would buy on VHS or DVD) and storing the files
on a server, and if so what formats/prices/restrictions are they
using/agreeing to?

Many vendors are confronting these issues now, and your input would be very
helpful and appreciated.

At 05:31 PM 4/1/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>On 4/1/03 6:15 AM "Cambridge Documentary Films, Inc." <cdf@shore.net> sent
>this out:
>
> > What do people think would be a fair and reasonable fee to charge for these
> > rights? Thank you, Laura Mason for Cambridge Documentary Films.
>
>Probably best discussed off-list.
>
>IMO
>
>Rick

Jonathan Miller, President