Re: [Videolib] university wide digital rights

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 15:12:44 -0500

--=====================_25473146==.ALT

To add to this, you must also be willing to provide more than just the
right to do so. You need to provide the Digitized Product, most likely in
either MPEG-1 or MPEG-4 format. If you produce your own Digitized product,
the user may not Digitize their copy, themselves.

Mark
At 01:55 PM 4/1/03 -0500, you wrote:
>What would be the TERM of the deal, one year, five years? What is the
>regular sale price for the video?. I think you just want to price this
>at a level where you feel you are not losing any future sales and getting
>a little more for making it more easily available
>--
>Jessica Rosner
>Kino International
>333 W 39th St. 503
>NY NY 10018
>jrosner@kino.com
>
> > From: "Cambridge Documentary Films, Inc." <cdf@shore.net>
> > Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 09:15:35 -0500
> > To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
> > Subject: [Videolib] university wide digital rights
> >
> > We are a small non profit production and distribution organization. We
> > support our future documentary production by the distribution of our work.
> > We were recently contacted by a large university that wanted to acquire
> > digital distribution rights for our film on domestic violence for their
> > university system. Any university community member could access the video
> > with the use of a password. This video, "Defending Our LIves" is our most
> > popular title, it received an Academy Award for best short documentary.
> > What do people think would be a fair and reasonable fee to charge for these
> > rights? Thank you, Laura Mason for Cambridge Documentary Films.

Mark W. Kopp
Circulation Coordinator
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
580 Foot of Ten Road