Re: [Videolib] R-rated films

MileFilms@aol.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:10:16 EST

--part1_102.29d8c3f9.2bb21fb8_boundary

In a message dated 3/25/03 3:58:44 PM, jrosner@kino.com writes:

> Does remind of an incident when I worked at the=A0 late Films Inc
> A rather conservative Christian group wanted to show YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMS
> which was PG but=A0 they wanted to be SURE it had NO profanity. I suggeste=
> they check out a copy from a rental store and watch it themselves. They
> called back to say that they wanted to rent it EVEN though it had two
> "damns" in it. They normally would have rejected it on those grounds but
> decided that the accents were so thick it would be OK
>=20

My favorite was a fairly elderly woman at a certain college film series in=20
the midwest who would ALWAYS ask "Is there any sex in the film?" I never had=
=20
the courage to ask if she were for or against it.

And lets not even get into LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST which I helped Kino=20
acquire, thanks to Jessica's tip that Swank and Films Inc wouldn't touch tha=
t=20
movie because of the many religious groups who rented from them.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Email: milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_102.29d8c3f9.2bb21fb8_boundary

Does remind of an incident when I worked at the=A0 late Films= Inc
A rather conservative Christian group wanted to show YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMS which was PG but=A0 they wanted to be SURE it had NO profanity. I suggested<= BR> they check out a copy from a rental store and watch it themselves. They
called back to say that they wanted to rent it EVEN though it had two
"damns" in it. They normally would have rejected it on those grounds but
decided that the accents were so thick it would be OK

My favorite was a fairly elderly woma= n at a certain college film series in the midwest who would ALWAYS ask "Is t= here any sex in the film?" I never had the courage to ask if she were for or= against it.

And lets not even get into LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST which I helped Kino acq= uire, thanks to Jessica's tip that Swank and Films Inc wouldn't touch that m= ovie because of the many religious groups who rented from them.