Re: [Videolib] Operation Abolition

Brigid Duffy (bduffy@sfsu.edu)
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:20:00 -0800

I have no idea who Pregent Visual Productions are, but be aware that
"Operation Abolition" was made by a private producer from selected
television newsreel footage subpoenaed by the House Committee on
Un-American Activities, on the subject of its hearings in San Francisco,
May 12-14, 1960.

That means the private producer who made the film did not have copyright
permission to make it.

You might want to check the ACLU for "Operation Correction", which was
their response to "Abolition". They're at http://www.aclu.org - you can
view the film online in the Internet Archive, at
http://www.archive.org/movies/movieslisting-browse.php?collection=prelinger&cat=
Civil%20rights

Brigid Duffy
Audio Visual/ITV Center