Re: [Videolib] a slightly different copyright question

MileFilms@aol.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:59:28 EST

--part1_11a.1ff5ab50.2ba8f0c0_boundary

In a message dated 3/18/03 4:32:56 PM, jrosner@kino.com writes:

> Now back to the issue at hand, why would short clips not be fair use? Thi=
s=20
> is not commercial exploitation and I am assuming the library is not=20
> charging ( hope that was a correct guess)
> I always understood that brief clips without commercial purposes would be=20
> fair =A0use
>=20
> Alas contrary to popular belief I am really kind hearted re copyright.
>=20
>=20

My first guess was that fair use is refers to an educational purpose.=20
Promoting Toy Story II for borrowing at the library would fit the descriptio=
n=20
in my book, but maybe not Michael Eisner's. However, don't take my word for=20
it -- I have a very good grasp of copyright, but not of fair use.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640