Re: [Videolib] a slightly different copyright question

MileFilms@aol.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:07:51 EST

--part1_12e.25d89eae.2ba8d697_boundary

In a message dated 3/18/03 2:38:23 PM, scottl@evpl.org writes:

> Do video stores
> like Blockbuster, who obviously have their own closed-circuit TV
> "stations," have deals with movies studios to do this? Does anyone else
> have any experience with this type of thing? I'm wondering if studios are
> more open to this kind of viewing, since it IS promoting their product.

Actually, as I understand it (we're too small to even consider it -- not to
mention Blockbuster doesn't even want classic or foreign films past the top
ten in their stores anymore), you pay THEM for showing your trailer on their
monitor, or at the very least, you give it to them for free. There are
actually companies who you pay to get your film's trailers shown in the video
stores around the country and online. It's truly an unfair world, isn't it?
Definitely a story about the rich getting richer, but it's the exact same
situation with supermarkets and radio stations these days.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640