Re: [Videolib] Video Reference questions

Marilyn Huntley (mhuntley@hamilton.edu)
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:26:48 -0500

Jim,
In my case, I haven't asked questions recently because I'm on the downhill
stretch for the semester (knock on wood!). I mostly order rentals, not
purchases, and my request load is very seasonal. My tough challenges all
came at the beginning of the semester, when my heaviest users of films gave
me their schedules. Now that I've solved those mysteries (or told them it
can't be done), my frantic period is in the past.

In order not to appear too inadequate (or lazy) in the eyes of our videolib
experts, I always try first to do as much internet searching as I can on my
own. I save you folks as my ace in the hole when I'm truly stumped.
Marilyn Huntley

At 03:15 PM 3/14/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Just a general question to the list-serv. I no longer see very many video
>or AV title or subject queries over the video list serv and was wondering
>what has changed. Maybe my filters are working too well and I'm not
>getting messages or maybe AV librarians have found something that works
>better. ILL borrowing and using the Internet to search sources rather
>than requesting for a title broadly, etc.?? I'm just wondering because,
>in the past, I've always had great success in requesting titles through
>the list serv. AV librarians are very generous and want to see their
>items utilized. So let me know what types of other methods you guys use
>other than the list serv. Or --- is it just because Spring break is upon
>us and everyone is in Cancun - no one wants to watch a video!! JCS.
>
>James C. Scholtz

(Film Scheduling & Rentals)
Audiovisual Classrm Svcs, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd, Clinton NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687