[Videolib] RE: newsletters

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:10:45 -0500

Hi Maureen,

I created an electronic newsletter last year to highlight and promote
our collection and related campus media activities. I compiled the list
from faculty and assistant instructors who frequent and use media in
their course. It is pretty informal, but it keeps media instructors
informed of the media collection and resources available. I can e-mail
that to you if you wish.

One of our supporting media centers on campus produces a newsletter
called Black Camera. It has been in existence since the late 80s.
www.indiana.edu/~bfca. They accept scholarly articles.

Monique L. Threatt, Librarian for Reference and Media
Main Library W121, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
Phone: 812.855.9857 /Fax: 812.855.1649 / Web:
www.indiana.edu/~libugls

-----Original Message-----
From: Maureen Tripp [mailto:Maureen_Tripp@emerson.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 11:14 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: newsletters

Do any listmembers produce newsletters to promote your collections? If
so, I'd be interested in finding out how often you produce them, and the
kinds of things you write about--thanks for any information you can give
me. We are planning to produce a one page newsletter, highlighting new
and underutilized titles in our collection, and want to know what others
are doing.