Re: newsletters

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:33:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi Maureen...

Years ago (pre-WWW), we used to produce an irregular newsletter entitled
"Beyond Words"...it had info re notable new acquisitions, new developments
in the Media Center, etc. In recent years we've found it MUCH MUCH more
productive to work aggressively toward getting notification about notable
events and acquisitions in MRC put into the newsletters of academic
departments, organized research units, Centers (eg for Middle Eastern
Studies, African Studies, etc.)...

More interestingly...we've continued to use the MRC web site as a form of
outreach... development of the site is the single most effective thing
we've done to publicize services and collections--absolutely no doubt.

At 08:13 AM 3/12/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Do any listmembers produce newsletters to promote your collections? If
>so, I'd be interested in finding out how often you produce them, and the
>kinds of things you write about--thanks for any information you can give
>me. We are planning to produce a one page newsletter, highlighting new
>and underutilized titles in our collection, and want to know what others
>are doing.

UC Berkeley