Re: cost of DVD's

Jonathan Miller (jmiller@frif.com)
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:12:59 -0800 (PST)

Dear Videolib experts:

I would find it helpful if any one could comment on usability of DVD-Rs vs.
DVD-videos (commercially replicated DVDs) in colleges and libraries - do
you encounter any compatibility or other problems using DVD-Rs, or is that
a thing of the past now?

Thanks

Jonathan Miller

PS Generally the cost to make a small to medium quantity of DVD-Rs is
greater than the cost of making VHS tapes, whereas the cost of replicating
a large # of DVD-videos is lower than the cost of making VHS tapes (per
unit made).

Jonathan Miller, President
First Run / Icarus Films, Inc.
32 Court Street, 21st Floor