RE: Letters from Alou

Chris McNevins (Chris.McNevins@uconn.edu)
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:38:04 -0800 (PST)

Folks:

I sent this inquiry out a month ago to VIDEOLIB and didn't get a response
from any supersleuths.

I just obtained a couple of phone numbers for Connoisseur/Meridian Video
and all of them have been disconnected. Does anyone in VIDEOLIB land know
what happen to Connoisseur and/or who's taken over their distribution?

Chris McNevins
University Library Assistant II
University of Connecticut
Homer Babbidge Library
Collections Services / Acquisitions-Monographs
369 Fairfield Rd. Unit 1005AM
Storrs, CT 06269-1005

phone: 860-486-3842
fax: 860-486-6493
mailto:chris.mcnevins@uconn.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris McNevins [mailto:Chris.McNevins@uconn.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 12:46 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Letters from Alou

Folks:

In light of the recent discussion [i.e. housing pornography in academic
libraries] this seems rather boring, but here it goes...

I'm looking for a distributor for either the VHS or DVD version of Letters
from Alou (=Las cartas de Alou) by Montxo Armendariz. Connoisseur Video
released it in 1994, but their website has been hacked, and the phone number
I have for them is disconnected.

Any info on this title would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris (Christine) McNevins
University Library Assistant II
chris.mcnevins@uconn.edu