RE: Department name

Steve Matthew (matthew@fau.edu)
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:18:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mayra,

Just up the road from you, we are the Media Center, formerly the
Audiovisual Instructional Services Center (AVISC).

Steve

Steven C. Matthew
S.E. Wimberly Library Media Center
(561) 297-3704
http://www.library.fau.edu/depts/media/media.htm
matthew@fau.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Mayra Nemeth
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 12:23 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Department name

Hi,
I need your help! My library director has requested that I "upgrade"
the name of our department, presently known as Audiovisual Dept. to
something more modern. If you had this opportunity what would you call
it? Ours is a university library and we collect in all subjects and
all kinds of av materials (not just videos). We also are the music
library, as well as the visual arts and architecture library
(slides). Thanks for your help.

--

Mayra Nemeth Head, Audiovisual Dept., Library Library Web Manager Florida International University Miami, FL 33199 305-348-3009 - 305-348-3010 fax nemethm@fiu.edu http://www.fiu.edu/~library/index.html

Feed The Hungry -- http://www.thehungersite.com