RE: Department name

Jeff Imparato (jimparat@tscpl.lib.ks.us)
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:22:30 -0800 (PST)

Our director had the area named the Media Center, although I realize it is
what the Public Schools call their library. It does encompass all the media,
except the audiocassettes, that we circulate (CDs, DVDs, Videos, and
CD-ROMs).

Jeff Imparato
Jeff Imparato, Reference Librarian
Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library
1515 W. 10th
Topeka, KS 66604-1374

Phone: 785-580-4555

Fax: 785-580-4559

-----Original Message-----
From: Mayra Nemeth [mailto:nemethm@fiu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 11:23 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Department name

Hi,
I need your help! My library director has requested that I "upgrade"
the name of our department, presently known as Audiovisual Dept. to
something more modern. If you had this opportunity what would you call
it? Ours is a university library and we collect in all subjects and
all kinds of av materials (not just videos). We also are the music
library, as well as the visual arts and architecture library
(slides). Thanks for your help.

--

Mayra Nemeth Head, Audiovisual Dept., Library Library Web Manager Florida International University Miami, FL 33199 305-348-3009 - 305-348-3010 fax nemethm@fiu.edu http://www.fiu.edu/~library/index.html

Feed The Hungry -- http://www.thehungersite.com