Re: PPR for Fox movies

Robert Mink (rmm430@hotmail.com)
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:13:32 -0800 (PST)

Even though I do not have any idea how to contact Fox, I was wondering what
the consequences would be if a PPR were a immediate situation and not
obtainable until after use. If necessary effort to obtain PPR were made
(documented, of course) and Swank (for example) is the only contact for Fox,
could'nt the PPR be purchased after the screening, as soon as it were
possible to contact the license vendor?

Robert Mink

From: Anne Bulin <anne@barringtonlibrary.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: PPR for Fox movies
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 06:33:40 -0800 (PST)

Anyone have a suggestion for getting PPR for 20th Century Fox films
(specifically X-Men in this case). None of our licenses cover Fox (Swank
seems particularly unwilling to even discuss Fox), and my attempts to
contact them directly have failed miserably. I've sent emails and regular
request letters and they just seem to go into some big void and I never get
a response (and no, I don't allow the films to be shown in that case).

Is there a better contact for Fox, maybe one I'm not aware of?

Thanks,
Anne

Anne Bulin, Technology and A/V Coordinator
Barrington Public Library
http://www.barringtonlibrary.org
anne@barringtonlibrary.org
401-247-1920 x316