RE: June conference

Mike Boedicker (mboedicker@hotmail.com)
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:48:37 -0800 (PST)

Teresa,
Every year at Annual Conference, VRT presents at least one program as well
as the Gala. This year's program in Toronto (presented with ACRL-ARTS) is
about Independent filmmaking in Canada, with guest(s) TBA. Last year's
program was "Media Space Facilities for the 21st Century" and the year
before was "Reel Nitty Gritty: Secrets of Video Librarianship Revealed."
See http://www.ala.org/vrt/resources.html for full descriptions of these
programs.

This year's Gala will be held at the Nat'l Film Board of Canada and theme is
"An Evening of Canadian Animation." Gala is one of the coolest events at
Annual, with good food & company in interesting venues. Previous Galas have
included the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, a Bay cruise in San Francisco, and a
discussion with Studs Terkel at Facets in Chicago.

There's a lot more to VRT, so please visit our homepage at
http://www.ala.org/vrt

Mike Boedicker
VRT Chair

Mike Boedicker
Audiovisual Director & Webmaster
Danville Public Library
319 N. Vermilion, Danville, IL 61832
(217) 477-5223 ext. 123 / Fax: (217) 477-5230
mboedicker@hotmail.com
http://www.danville.lib.il.us